Get New Truck Drivers on the Road Sooner and Cut New Hire Costs in Half!
Onsite new-hire training takes time and money. You can save a lot of both with online orientation instead. Online orientation for truck drivers gets them on the road faster, reduces costs for travel and training, and lets you offer more training in less time.
This guide makes the case for online new-hire training. We'll cover:
- Average time and money savings with online training
- When you should choose face-to-face instruction
- How to blend online and face-to-face for a complete orientation program
What's Inside the New-Hire Guide for Trucking?
How to lower new-hire costs and improve employee retention by using custom online training for orientation.
- Cut New Hire Orientation Costs in Half
- A Smarter Way to Do Orientation Training
- Get the Wheels Turning and the Driver Earning
- Integrated with Driver Management Systems
- Chosen by Leading Fleets
- 100% Understanding Guaranteed
- Use Existing Orientation and Safety Content
- Ongoing Training Improves CSA Scores
Recommended New-Hire Orientation Elements for Trucking
Compensation and Benefits
- Driver Compensation
- Layover and Detention Pay
- Per Diem
- W-4, I-9, AA Forms
- Medical Insurance and Health Benefits
- Retirement and Wellness Benefits
- Helpful Tips and Reminders
Operations, Policies and Procedures
- On-board Device
- Fuel Card and Discounts
- Insurance Requirements
- Parking Policy
- Hotel Authorization
- Roadside Inspections
- Customer Service
- Fuel-efficient Driving
- On-board Device Usage
- Cellphone Rules
- Maintenance Service Intervals
- Service Center Locations
- Repair Stances
- Purchasing Parts
- Troubleshooting and Repairs
- General Work Rules
- Code of Conduct
- Warehouse Safety
- Defensive Driving
Recommended PRO-TREAD Training for Onboarding Newly Hired Truck Drivers
All courses in PRO-TREAD can be customized. Popular changes include specifics to operations, additions of procedures, and changes to visuals.
- Hours of Service
- Driver Qualifications
- Pre-Trip Inspection, Enhanced • Defensive Driving, Enhanced
- Speed Management
- Fatigue Management
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness
- Cargo Securement
Need Ideas for New-Hire Training for Your Fleet?
How Well Does Your LMS Integrate with Other HR Systems?
Sentix™ Pro will integrate with any system that has an API. No idea what an API is? No problem — if you can export data to a spreadsheet, our Client Services team will find a way to import it. What if you could automate your new hire training? With Sentix Pro, you can automatically assign new hire and onboarding training as soon as someone accepts an offer.